On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:55:57AM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Joe Orton wrote:
> > Yes, sorry I'm talking about 2.1 here of course.  I debugged this as far
> > as finding that $self->{modules} appears to be empty at the time that
> > the ->default_module calls are made.
>
> yes, I see that there is no aaa stuff in your resulting conf, which I assume
> is because you don't have any aaa LoadModule statements in your main
> httpd.conf.  this should be fine under normal circumstances.  the only thing
> I can think of that might trip this up is if you have those modules compiled
> statically, but I'm not entirely sure.

Yes, indeed.

$ ./bin/httpd  -l | grep mod_auth
  mod_authn_file.c
  mod_authn_default.c
  mod_authz_host.c
  mod_authz_groupfile.c
  mod_authz_user.c
  mod_authz_default.c
  mod_auth_basic.c

> anyway, if t/modules/access.t is failing for you, please run
>
> $ t/TEST t/modules/access.t -v
>
> and post the resulting output - the call to need_access should be sufficient
> to keep that test from running at all if it can't find an appropriate aaa
> module.

All tests which expect access do pass, all those expecting access denial
fail, i.e. failing exactly as if no access control is applied.

# Order mutual-failure
# Allow from 127.0.0.1/16
# Deny from 66.6.6.6
# expecting access.
ok 374
# ---
# Order mutual-failure
# Allow from 66.6.6.6
# Deny from 66.6.6.6
# expecting access denial.
# Failed test 408 in t/modules/access.t at line 185 fail #8
not ok 408

does that help?

joe