Stas Bekman wrote:
Christopher H. Laco wrote:

Has anyone used ApacheTestRequest to test pages using cookiessessions?

I'm writing some quick and dirty tests for an AxKit session module I've adopted. I've got everything up and running config wise and the pages are getting run through AxKit just fine.

The first two tests simply consist of a set-value page which uses Apache::Session::File to store a value, and a get-value page that confirms the value is returned. Of course the get-value test, test 2, fails because Apache::TestRequest is ignore the sessionid cookie [or all cookies really].

I have LWP installed and I've tried a few different encantations using ->cookie_jar and HTTPCookie without any luck. Is there a Tutorial or examples somwhere that cover dealing with sessions within Apache::TestRequest?

I guess the silence means that no one has used it with cookies. I suppose that you could fix it to work with cookies though. But I could be wrong and it already works but not documented. there is a lot of such code in there.

LWP::UserAgent doesn't by default keep a cookie_jar. All I had to do was add this near the top of my test script before any GET/POST calls.

    Apache::TestRequest::user_agent( cookie_jar => {});

HTH

--
Michael Peters
Developer