Sebastian wrote:

> I am not sure what Martin means, but my take on this
> is that Norbert Preining has put a LOT of effort into a script
> which builds Debian packages from the TeX Live
> master tree. It would be well worth trying to write a different
> output module on that to generate an RPM instead of a DEB.
> Maybe it wouldn't work, but it would be good to try.

Maybe the following helps:

==> http://www.easysw.com/epm/

EPM is a free UNIX software/file packaging program that generates
distribution
archives from a list of files. EPM Can:

* Generate portable script-based distribution packages complete with
installation
and removal scripts and standard install/uninstall GUIs.

* Generate "native" distributions in AIX, BSD, Debian, HP-UX, IRIX, MacOS
X, Red
Hat, Slackware, Solaris, and Tru64 UNIX formats.

* Provide a complete, cross-platform software distribution solution for
your
applications.

...Rolf