On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 12:40:03AM -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> I've started an rpm package repository for LaTeX packages targeting the
> teTeX distribution. At least for now, I'm restricting it to noarch
> packages (ie tex4ht would not be a candidate for inclusion).
>
> The temporary homepage is at
> http://mpeters.us/tetexrpm/

Well, given the nasty feedback until now, let me reweigh the picture a
bit and say that this is a very good thing. Some rpm distributions
give less love to tex and friends than others and Michael is destined
to make users of these distributions tex-happier.

Suggestions to move to Debian or use a completly new parallel
packaging system to the system's own aren't really targetting what
Michael is setting up.

In this sense: Thanks for the effords you're putting into this and
let's hope this flies off as it should.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net