Le Dimanche 26 Février 2006 12:06, Thomas Esser a écrit :
> > > Is it normal that the command "kpsewhich fmtutil.cnf" doesn't give any
> > > answer (whereas kpsewhich texmf.cnf responds
> > > /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf)?
> >
> > Here it knows.
>
> That does not matter (because it is using the wrong format).
>
> All that counts is:
>   kpsewhich '-format=web2c files' -progname=kpsewhich fmtutil.cnf
>
> Thomas
OK, and indeed the command
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ kpsewhich '-format=web2c files' -progname=kpsewhich
fmtutil.cnf

answers

/var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf

It seems to me that the file fmtutil.cnf used to be before
in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/ (in my debian installation). Is this new location
in /var/lib/texmf/web2c/  due to the 3.0 version of teTex ?

As far as I understand, fmtutil.cnf is to specify the different formats
available (or to build). So can you be a little more explicit (to me) when
saying that: "That does not matter (because it is using the wrong format)."

Also, can I deduce from all of this that some changes should be made in the
makefile of the shareware package that I'm trying to install ?
And would it be sufficient to replace the line that I found in the makefile,
namely

REALFMTUTILCNF=$(shell kpsewhich fmtutil.cnf             | ${BSR} | ${EB})

with

REALFMTUTILCNF=$(shell kpsewhich -format=web2c files' -progname=kpsewhich
fmtutil.cnf             | ${BSR} | ${EB})

Or would you better advise me to contact the author before doing anything ?

Thank's.
    F.B.