Le Dimanche 12 Mars 2006 02:12, Frank Küster a écrit :
> Thomas Esser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/ (in my debian installation). Is this new
> >> location in /var/lib/texmf/web2c/  due to the 3.0 version of teTex ?
> >
> > Don't ask me, ask debian people.
>
> It's been in TEXMFSYSVAR/VARTEXMF also in teTeX 2.0.2 in Debian, because
> other packages (jadetex, ptex, xmltex,...) have to add their format
> information to it.
OK.
As far as I understand, my teTeX installation is correct ( have done nothing
but installed the teTeX debian packages through apt-get).
My initial problem was that some makefile  asked for kpsewhich to tell where
was fmtutil.cnf and got no answer.
Adding  "--format='web2c files' "  to the command fixed the problem. Now my
latex shareware extension seems properly installed.

In fact I stay with my question : Yes or No , in a "normal" (i.e. basic,
without any customization)  teTeX installation, should the kpsewhich command
be able to find the  fmtutil.cnf file (initially located
in /var/lib/texmf/web2c) when runned from a user home directory ?? Said
differently, is it the "normal behaviour" to run kpsewhich with somme format
option to get the file's path ?

Thank's for any answers and thank's to people that helped in solving this
problem.
F.B.