On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> Martin,
>
>  > Frank: Iris is the one I asked about a telephone glyph in latex years
>  > ago, while hacking my resume.
>  > [...]
>  > I'm now thinking that, much as I love that telephone symbol, and as
>  > much as I enjoyed this hacking session, I'd better keep my document
>  > portable and viewable and printable, so I'd better leave it out.
>
> wrong. it is portable and viewable only that somehow we have to get proper
> distributions again.
>
> i would recomment you to get you something like texlive which you can
> run from the CD if you like and which does give you a proper system
> (based on tetex)
>
> that's what i use on various platforms these days without trouble, eg
> hpux solaris linux win2000 win9x ...

We have to find a way to deal with the different names used in
the X windows fonts/Type1/fonts.scale for ZapfDingbats.  Xpdf
has the name hardcoded.  I guess we need yet another font map
file to map Adobe PDF font names to the ones used in a particular
vendor's X server configuration.

--
George White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Halifax, Nova Scotia