Hello list,

I would like to report that, using Eva's well-written and simple how-to,
I successfully installed the most recent versions of MusiXTeX, PMX and
M-Tx, along with musixlyr and musixser. I actually removed the old
versions, together with the fonts, to an archive location not seen by
MiKTeX. I did not install the Type 1 fonts (that can wait). I might
point out that the how-to does not provide directions for updating an
existing installation. Although I feel it is fairly obvious how one
ought to go about it, it is entirely possible that we will still receive
questions about it.

The how-to recommended organization of the various files, which I
followed. I especially feel that the new structure is more in alignment
with a standard TeX structure and more intuitive to understand than my
old "organization" (as you doubtless have no trouble believing if you
have read any of my recent posts).

A big thank you to Eva (and Christof) for their efforts in extending
"musix" to MiKTeX users. The time to thank Christian for his Unix/Linux
how-to is coming...

Mike