Stanislav Kneifl said:

>> BTW, why is the screen of so importance? Do you know any musician
>> playing from the computer screen? :-)

And Robin Fairbairns replied:

>i've long imagined i might find a venture capitalist to enable me to
>produce such a product.
>
>it's slowly becoming more nearly rational an idea, with the steady
>fall in prices of flatscreen displays...
>
>if you know all you're ever going to display is printed material, you
>can deal with aliasing in hardware.

This is an idea I had 10 or 12 years ago when I was first learning Finale.
I thought it should be possible to send out parts from a score to everyone
in an ensemble.  Bandleader/singer Harry Connick Jr. has patented the idea.
 Here's a link to an article about it:

http://www.iht.com/articles/50232.html

Cheers,

David Bobroff