I've just made the following changes to the archive.

1. http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/software/pmx/pmx2412.zip
is a new PMX beta. The only changes are to some of the defaults for the
linebreak ties introduced last week in 2.411. See
http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/software/pmx/pmxbeta.html for a few
more details. Thanks to Andre for testing and suggesting improvements.

2. http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/software/pmx/PMX2411.pkg.sit is a
MAC OSX version kindly provided by Olivier Vogel. I'd like to hear reports
of success or failure from anyone who tries to use this file. Also, since I
can't even open this package, could someone verify that it in fact only
contains the binary file.

3. At Christian's suggestion, I've rearranged the links to the M-Tx
distributions. 0.54b is now the official, least unstable version
(Christian's words :-), and 0.54c is the beta. Christian explains all of
this as follows:

> Some weeks ago I received an email from Hiroaki Morimoto containing a c
> patch he has made to M-Tx 0.54b allowing PMX style absolute octave
> assignment. He also sent a tentative pascal patch which I've compiled
> with Free Pascal this evening. As tested on an M-Tx test source the
> patch seems to be functioning as intended. Besides after having
> converted Hiroaki's patched pascal source to c using p2c the resulting c
> code turns out to be very close to his own c patch!
>
> As suggested by Hiroaki M-Tx thus patched should be denoted 0.54c. I've
> uploaded zip- and tarball distributions (including p2c converted
> c-sources and a win32 binary) for this new release to the mtx directory
> of both archives. My proposal is to publish 0.54c as a preliminary test
> version and announce it to TeX-Music asking for M-Tx users to test the
> 'new' functionality before making it the 'official' release.

So thanks to Hiroaki and Christian for stepping in. They'd appreciate your
feedback after you test 0.54c.

I've left the 0.52 files in the archive for now. They're no longer linked
from the index page, but are accessible from a file list view.

--Don Simons