On Wednesday, October 22, 2003 at 4:15:42 AM, you wrote:

> The syntzx you gave is correct; I use it all the time.

<sigh> That's what I was afraid of. Still doesn't work at my end...

> I always use
> filenames that explicitly end in .dvi although I haven't tested whether
> that's essential.

OK, when I do dviconca -o test.dvi file1 file2 (without extensions), I
get a test.dvi of size 0 bytes.

When I add the file extensions, the dos box stays open for a couple of
minutes  and  eventually  churns out a 62 **MEGABYTE** DVI file (where
file1  and  file2 are both under 20k in size). Attempting to open this
in YAP produces the error message "Bad DVI file".

Is  it  possible  that  my  copy of dviconca.exe (compiled for DOS) is
somehow  corrupt?  If  so, does anyone know where I could find a clean
copy?  Unfortunately the utility isn't part of MikTeX, and it seems to
be  very difficult to get hold of these things in DOS/Windows versions
on the Web...

Eva