On Wednesday, October 22, 2003 at 4:11:18 PM, you wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

>> ... does anyone know where I could find a clean
>> copy?  Unfortunately the utility isn't part of MikTeX, and it seems to
>> be  very difficult to get hold of these things in DOS/Windows versions
>> on the Web...
>>

> Yes it is, and that's why I added my copies to our archive several years
> ago:

> http://icking-music-archive.org/software/musixtex/add-ons/dvitools.zip

Hmmm.  Thanks  --  it looks as though my executables in fact come from
this  archive,  as  they bear the same date and time stamp as those in
your  zip  file.  Unfortunately,  having  downloaded  a fresh copy and
placed  it  in my local binaries directory, I'm still getting the same
problems.

Interestingly  enough,  I  can't  seem  to get any usable results from
dvidvi either, whether I use the copies in the local binaries dir (and
yes,  this  *is* in my system path) or copy them to the directory with
the dvi files. <sigh>

Eva