Hello Stefan,

How about this?

http://homepage1.nifty.com/kuuku/notation/musixtmr.tex.gz

This changes default text font into Times-Roman (ptmr).
I don't know what is the font Adobe AGaramond, however,
replacing 'ptmr7t', 'ptmb7t', 'ptmri7t' into appropriate TFM names
will do.

In PMX source, there is two way to include some extension packages.
(a) direct coding
----------
1 1 4 4 0 6  0 0 0 4 20 0

0
./
w190m
\\input musixtmr\
c24d s s2u c44 s zc7 s2

(b) assume editing foo.pmx: prepare a file foo.mod containing
following line:
\input musixtmr

Best regards,

----