I can reproduce the error similarily on a Redhat Fedora Core 2 pc when processing the sample source with pmxab 2.501..

Furthermore, on the Fedora pc a pmx 2.506 binary compiled with g77 fails with a segmentation fault if there are trailing newline characters in the pmx source. If I remove the newline characters pmxab fails with an error

 nsyst,ibarcnt: 1 0
 There are more systems than bars.

regardless of compiling method and pmxab version.

I've seen similar things in earlier versions. The solution was to play around with the end of the file, i.e. no new-line at end or an empty line with a comment character at the first position etc.

bernhard