Cornelius wrote in his 3voices.pdf:

``The musixTEX command \setinterinstrument was designed to add extra
vertical space above
the stave(s) of an instrument. It therfore refers to instrument number
rather than staff number. The
trick described here can therefore not be used to insert a third voice
in the bass staff of a keyboard
instrument, such as piano, harpsichord, organ etc. I offer a free copy
of my PMX manual as prize to
anyone who can solve that problem.''

I can't resist to such a temptation. Here is a new extract of the fuga 4
of Bach:

3 -2 1 2 4 4 4 0 0 4
1 1 20 0

bbt
./
Abrpl+s+t
w150m
\\setinterinstrument{1}{-12\Interligne}\interstaff{12}\
f43 e8s d e2 //
g03r /
b23u cu st /
g04 st //
b84 a b c b a g b /

XS+.5 f2 r2 //
XS+.5 a2 f2 std /
c2u st st [u c8 st c b a ] /
XS+.5 g8 st g f es f2 //
XS-.5 a2 r2 /

r0-6 Rb //
XS+.25 f8 st f e d e4 c /
XS-1 g0 /
g2 st g8 st g f e //
c0 /

Please, Cornelius, can you correct a small mistake in my previous
example: the very last note of mes. 3 must be corrected from c to cu.
Thank you.

Olivier