Here's a way to get something like what you are asking:

===================================
1 1 4 4 4 4 0 0
1 1 20 0

.\
\\def\endtext{\bartext{-8}{\tempo D.C.}\bartext{-14}{\tempo Senza rep:}\
\\bartext{-20}{\tempo sino al~~\lower4pt\hbox to
8pt{\musicsmallfont\char"56}}}\
c04 |
\endtext\ c0 /
===================================

Comments:
1. This uses the (undocumented) macro \bartext which is defined in pmx.tex,
so that when inserted as inline TeX before the last note of a bar, it will
make text flush right to the following bar line with a little space. If you
want it horizontally justified differently there are other options such as
\zcharnote or \lcharnote, but you can't enter any inline tex after the last
note, so you have to gin up some more tex to get the horizontal location you
want.
2. \tempo is a font defined in pmx.tex. You can use whatever font you want.
3. The \hbox is used so that the segno can be lowered.
4. I'm not sure why I needed to explicitly give a width to that box, except
that the segno character may have zero width.
5. I only defined \endtext as a macro because it got too long to include
directly.
6. If you wanted to use some other character from the musix20 font, you
could find its number by running your favorite neighborhood font display tex
file. On my system it's called fontchart.tex. Just run "tex fontchart" and
when it asks for the name of the font, type "musix20". Then fontchart.dvi
will contain a table showing the octal number for each of the characters.
You might also be able to figure out the character number by looking in
musixtex.tex for a macro that uses the character.

--Don Simons