Charles Bacon wrote:
Always in a hurry!  Forgive my foolishness sending this material in
two messages.  This is my first successful (?) effort in M-TX.

I suggest this modified premable

Title: Laudate Pueri
Composer: Gutierre Fern\'andez Hidalgo
Meter: C
Flats: 1
Style: SATB4
Pages: 3
Systems: 9
Size: 16
% Indent: 0.45
Space: 2 2 2 4
Start: \\vsize 270mm\;@+1;@+3;@-5\

followed by

%% \raggedbottom
%% \parskip 5\Interligne plus 3\Interligne minus 3\Interligne

in a paragraph of its own

and then at the top of the first music paragraph

%% \\let\interstaffsav\interstaff\def\interstaff#1{}\interstaffsav{11}\
% [1]
b2 b | b b | b4 b b2 |
L: {soprano}
bla bla

The \raggedbottom etc statements replaces MusiXTeX/PMX notesystem (paragraph) glue by another kind of (user controlled) glue. I use that for all my M-Tx typeset vocal scores

I removed all explicite line break commands.

PS I strongly recommend omitting all melismatic slurs in music like this. The inter-syllable dashes and end syllable prolongation lines of the lyrics are fully sufficient for notating melismas.
--
Christian Mondrup, Sheet Music Editor
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive