kmberry wrote:

I looked at gitene.mtp. What I need to do for six string lute is move the fret numbers up on top of the barlines somewhere and change the numbers to letters from the lute fonts for a conversion to french lute tablature. Change to italian tablature would require reversal of tablature only so I could easily figure this out from gitene.mtp, but there is a variation in time symbols appearing above the fret numbers and the fret number fonts themselves I would like to change. German tablature needs a change in font symbols for frets and no barlines. So five problems I need to figure out are:

1.  How to move fret symbol to top of bar line
2.  How to change font of fret symbol number or letter
3. How to put lute font symbols for courses beyond sixth for archlute, theorbo and baroque lute below lowest barline
4. How to change font of time symbol
5. Special case of no barlines  for german tablature

Can you offer any assistance in changing fonts of fret numbers and time symbols, changing positions of fret symbols to top of barlines or below lowest barline and turning barlines off?

I looked at tabdef.tex but I don't know how to change the tabbox for fret number so it puts the fret number between barlines. Also I don't know how to change fonts of fret symbols as I only see for example E2100 in gitene.mtp for the first chord with the arabic numerals appearing as given in the chord symbol. If I change the numerals to letters they are undefined at \pnotes in gitenel.pmx. I have never written any tex macros before and can only look each command in them up to see what they mean and comment them out if I want to stop them from being used like getting c++ code to compile.

Unfortunately these TeXnical questions are far beyond my area of MusiXTeX knowledge and experience. Expert assistance is required - Olivier?

--
Christian Mondrup, Sheet Music Editor
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive