On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, chinlu chinawa wrote:

[...]
Another thing is how do I get rid of the bar next to
the 6/8 on the third line, as seen in the orignial?,
makeing it stick to the left?
[...]

When the time signature change occurs at a line break (by chance or not:-), your displaying the new time signature both at the end of the line and at beginning of next line is correct.

But MusiXTex doesn't do this automatically (see my attach) as it does for sharp/flat signature change. Does anybody know why?

I found a workaround which I think is simpler than Chinlu and Don's two changecontex's. but some may find it unpleasant.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre Coulon                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\input musixtex
\input musixext
\Largemusicsize
\generalsignature2
\generalmeter{\meterfrac{8}{4}}
\nostartrule

\startpiece\addspace\afterruleskip%
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\bar% 2
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\bar% 3
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\generalsignature{-2}\Changecontext% 4  correctly handled
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\bar% 5
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\bar% 6
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\generalmeter{\meterfrac{9}{8}}\Changecontext% 7 no signature a beg. of next
line.
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\bar% 8
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\bar% 9
\NOtes\nq{cdef}\en
\generalmeter{\meterfrac{5}{9}}\Changecontext%  work around
\zstoppiece%
\startbarno=10%
\generalmeter{\meterfrac{5}{9}}%
\startpiece\addspace\afterruleskip%