On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:

> When a person familiar with Word, Powerpoint, or Finale, or other WYSIthingy
> stuff sees me making corrections in a MusiXTeX file after he pointed out
> errors in my score, his face becomes green :-)
>
> Has anybody a similar experience? I doubt things would be different with PMX.

Things _are_ different with PMX and M-Tx. The main point is that many musicians
can read a simple standard choral piece and hear the notes nearly as well as
if they would have a score. The nomenclature is self-evident. If it
comes to complicated scores; well, that needs of course learning and
experience. Still missing are help files that let one look up the syntax.
I have written one for my editor, but everyone uses a different editor...

Christof