Hello to Masters,

   please, help :-)

   I've been using MusixTeX for some years (I'm not a musician, thought;
   this is more like hobby), I have typeset some about a hundred of pages.

   I like MusixTeX a lot, because its code is a "plain TeX code", it can
   be inserted anywhere inside text (so, music piece can start at one page
   after some paragraphs and end at the next and be followed by text
   again). That's what I really need.

   I use `\mulooseness' sometimes, I adjust scores position with `\vskip's
   sometimes. And I like `geometry' and `title{toc,sec}' packages. I am
   working on book which contains tens of score pieces (two lines to
   several pages). I use `musixlyr' for lyrics.

   So, I really need a scores typesetting system, which can produce a
   "normal" tex code. So, MusixTeX is great.

   But now I really would like to find something which has a slightly more
   "user friendly" syntax (and more readable, too). Okay, I would like to
   have a system, which:

   1. Can produce TeX code in a mentioned sense (yes, MusixTeX *is* a
      TeX code itself).
   2. Allow type scores with multiple instruments and multiple (two,
      three..) voices per instrument; allows add lyrics and dynamically
      add/change/remove lyrics (lyrics positioning).
   3. Can produce MIDI output ("proof-listening" is enough).
   4. Have a easier syntax than MusixTeX (allowing to type quicker --
      since I have too few time for score typing, unfortunately).
   5. Oh, yes -- should be free and multi-platform (at least Win* and
      *NIX) -- because I like use MikTeX, too.

   After some browsing I have found that:
   1. PMX (and M-Tx) can produce "TeX code" (sorry for the term:) -- I
      have not tried to make a paper with mixed text and such a code.
   2. M-Tx allows add lyrics (and lyrics adding/repositioning on the
      fly?). Its manual says that PMX offers musixlyr -- is that correct
      or I just misunderstood something?
   3. PMX (and M-Tx?) restricts to two voices per instrument (three and
      more with "hard-spaced extra instrument"?)
   4. LilyPond is nice for music typing, but can not help me with TeX.
   5. ABC have documented multi-voice feature, but I couldn't reproduce
      with the latest win binary.
   6. PMW is nice, too -- but can not help me with TeX...
   7. MIDI... oh, well... Would be more clever to make a table with
      features.

   So... Which tool is for me? Am I missing something?

A lot of thanks.

--