Hi all. It's not every day one gets a chance to correct a mistake by
JSB! I sent a colleague a link to Bach's "Explication":

http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/bach/explica.pdf

He pointed out that the last two examples don't "add up". This is not
the fault of Jean-Pierre Coulon, who faithfully typeset Bach's notes:

http://www.jsbach.net/images/ornaments.jpg

But now the question for you is: what did Bach *intend* to write? My
colleague thought the first note should be shortened, but my opinion is
that that note is an appogiatura and should take half the apparent note
value; rather, the four "trill" notes should be 64ths instead of 32nds.
What say all of you?

Bob T.