Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, David Allsopp wrote:
>
> > Be careful when writing macros - the blank line at the top of
> > \macboucle will translate to a \par in the expansion. It's also a good
idea to
> > put a "%" to prevent spaces in \def's.
>
> There are so many blank lines in musixtex.tex that I didn't think of
> this!

TeX translates every blank line to a \par - these don't matter at the
top-level while definitions are being read (because \par does nothing if
you're not in a paragraph and \par\par\par... is equivalent to \par) - it's
*within* a macro definition that you have to be careful.

> > Your problem is the \zcharnote\ypos - \ypos is a \dimen and not a
> > note specification. I don't know what you're trying to do there, but the
> > error then occurs is in MusiXTeX because you gave \zcharnote a weird
> > argument. If you meant to pass a dimension then you'd say {\the\ypos}
but that's
> > still not a valid argument for \zcharnote...
>
> I worked around saying   \raise\xpos\hbox{\kern\ypos #3} instead of the
> line containing \zcharnote but this adds unwanted horizontal spacing. At
> least there are no error messages!

How about \raise\xpos\rlap{\kern\ypos#3} instead?

David