I've just uploaded a fully updated and complete distribution of MusiXTeX to

http://www.icking-music-archive.org/software/musixtex/musixtex114.zip

There are no earthshaking revisions here, just a consolidation of various
small things into a single complete package, and the addition of a new set
of installation instructions for Windows XP or Vista

http://www.icking-music-archive.org/software/musixtex/mxinsuse.pdf

So if your MusiXTeX system has been working OK I wouldn't necessarily
encourage you to update, but if you are installing a new system then I'd say
go for it.

I want to acknowledge the work of Andre Van Ryckeghem and Hiroaki Morimoto
in making this possible. They both provided valuable sanity checks along the
way. In addition, Andre wrote the batch scripts, defined the structure of
the basic package, and educated me about some of the quirks of Vista that
make it less that a smashing success, while Hiroaki provided most of the
bugfixes and carefully tracked of all of them.

--Don Simons