On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 02:44:07AM +0200, Bob Tennent wrote:

> But you might want to ask Dirk why he set it up the way he did.
Back in 2005 I couldn't think of a better way to do it.  The best way
to see how dated the stuff is, is to notice that there is still a rule
for making a LaserJet version in make-dvi.

> And it's really Dirk's problem, because it's his document.
A statement like this is never true for any open-source software.

It's all about writing a LaTeX document containing numerous small music
excerpts.  I'm not the only person who does that.  By distributing my
Makefile, I'm basically saying to the community: this is how I did it,
you're welcome to use some of my ideas if you like.

Dirk