Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote
>On Sun, 26 Jun 2011, Don Simons wrote:
>
>> There are also 177 hits to pages in the memorial folder. As best I can
>> determine, there are no remaining links on the main page to anything in
that
>> folder (I looked at the source and they seem to be commented out). Does
>> anyone have any idea what's going on here? Could that many people have
been
>> both clever and inquisitive enough to look in the page's source? [...]
>
>A Google search with "http://icking-music-archive.org/Memorial"; gives 9
>results, most of them related to Daniel, e.g.
>http://www.mail-archive.com/tex-music@sunsite.dk/msg02234.html

Thanks to Christian for adding the .zip files to the webalizer. Now, with
help from the filtering capabilities of Excel, I can quickly whittle down
the list of 100K+ files to just the 202 .zip's in the software directory or
below.

When I do that, a VERY curious result appears: I haven't checked for sure,
but it looks like every single file in the archive has been downloaded at
least once, including of course many that are not linked from any of the web
pages. Any good ideas how or why that could happen? What exactly counts as a
download in these stats?

BTW, there were only 11 such files with >1 download (in ~4 days), with
musixtex.zip leading at 14, and musixflx.pkg.zip and pmx2613.zip tied for
2nd at 5. Curiously, the 3 bitmapped musixtex font files were each
downloaded twice; I would have assumed those were completely obsolete.