==============
1 1 4 4 4 4 0 0
1 1 20 0

.\
\\\let\pauset\pause\def\pause{\PAuse\global\let\pause\pauset}\
c84 d e f g a b c |
  rp |
  c1 c b b a a g g f f e e d d c c /
==============

I found out by trial and error that you need the "\global" or else the last
redefinition of \pause doesn't work right. Given that, it's a bit of a
mystery to me why you don't need \global in the original definition and
redefinition.

--Don Simons

Behalf Of
>Hermann Hinsch
>Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2012 7:34 AM
>To: Werner Icking Music Archive
>Subject: [Tex-music] Centered rest
>
>Using "rp" gives the possibility of a centered symbol of a whole rest r0.
Would it be