Bob--

This is great progress! Thanks again for taking this on.

Regarding MiKTeX installation in windoze:

1. You refer twice to a "highlighted entry in the Start menu." I'm not sure
what you mean by highlighted. My only access to MiKTeX thru the Start menu
is by navigating through normal start menu items to Start|Programs|MiKTeX
2.x . If that's the way it always works, maybe you should say so.

2. Perhaps you should include a caution about trying to use any music stuff
that comes with the basic installation before updating.

3. In "First Examples in MiKTeX" you explain how to compile the examples but
don't say anything about how to view the results. Maybe you should.

--Don Simons