Hi Don.

 >|1. You refer twice to a "highlighted entry in the Start menu." I'm
 >|not sure
 >|what you mean by highlighted. My only access to MiKTeX thru the Start menu
 >|is by navigating through normal start menu items to Start|Programs|MiKTeX
 >|2.x . If that's the way it always works, maybe you should say so.

On my systems I get two entries just on clicking Start: a MiKTeX icon
with "Update (Admin)" and another MiKTeX icon with "Package Manager
(Admin)". Do I get those because those are the only programs I use :+) ?

 >|2. Perhaps you should include a caution about trying to use any music
 >|stuff
 >|that comes with the basic installation before updating.

Well I do say "fully updated" more than once.

 >|3. In "First Examples in MiKTeX" you explain how to compile the
 >|examples but
 >|don't say anything about how to view the results. Maybe you should.

Would "Use a PDF viewer" be sufficient?

Bob