Hello!

Thanks a lot. After updating to a current version of pmxchords et. al.
I'm now able to add the chords directly in the m-tx file
and would declare my question answered.

Kind Regards

Simon Feiler

Am 12.01.2015 um 20:52 schrieb Simon Dreher:
Hi Simon,

after searching the WIMA for several days I
understood so far, that the proper way of
typesetting music including lyrics is using M-Tx.
I did not find a way to add chord symbols
to my sheet of music via M-Tx so far.
M-Tx is quite convenient for music with lyrics - but it is also not too
difficult to do the same stuff directly in pmx. You can just take a
piece written in M-Tx, compile it to pmx and see the few lines defining
the lyrics part (with musixlyr definitions - it is quite easy to learn
from the pmx file), if you already know and like pmx.

Is it possible to do so by M-Tx or do I have to
write my music and lyrics in M-Tx, compile the
*.mtx-file to *.pmx and add the chords
"by hand" into the *.pmx-file (i.e. using pmxchord)?
Usually, you can use any pmx commands in M-Tx files - nearly all
commands that M-Tx doesn't understand are just passed to pmx. I like the
header parts and the lyrics definitions of M-Tx more than the ones of
pmx :-) But it's just a matter of taste...

Best regards,
Simon