> Luigi, maybe scor2prt is punishing you for trying to make parts before you
> finished editing the score :-)
>
> Beyond that, I'm afraid I don't have a clue what the problem is. My version
> works fine. The only change I've made in the code in the last 3 years is to
> insert a missing type declaration for a common variable in one subroutine
> where it wasn't being used. Do you have an older version that does work? If
> so, could you send me the source code for that and for the one that doesn't
> work?

Don,
the previous version that works was compiled from this source:
http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/s2p2511.zip

But was compiled with f2c instead of gfortran, and I think that this is the
problem,
not only for the previous version but even for the actual.

> Did you replace the 3-argument call getarg lines by the
> 2-argument lines? Does line 1285 look like this:
>
> logical insetup,replacing,botv
>
> Those are the only modifications I made to scor2prt.for when
> I created the CTAN package. Have you tried building the
> tarball in that package?
>
> http://mirrors.ctan.org/support/pmx/pmx-2.7.3.tar.gz

Bob,
i compiled the source from pmx.zip, but the only difference is that the 1485
line was

logical insetup,replacing

The error comes even if I add ",botv" in that line.

Using configure, make and install procedure from the source pmx-2.7.3.tar.gz,
the resulting scor2prt works well and all is ok. But for the compilation is
used f2c and not gfortran (isn't true?). If I try to compile from that source
with gfortran (with command "gfortran -O scor2prt.for -o scor2prt") the
resultant scor2prt doesn't work.

What I'm doing wrong?

Luigi

--