Oh heck, I was hoping the guy's name was Tawny Crazy.

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 23:59:21 -0500
From: george.nincehel...@gmail.com
To: germa...@aol.com
CC: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] New Invasvive Species - Raspberry Ants / aka Tawny
Ants

I've just been trying to sort out the name.

Apparently "Rasberry" (not "RasPberry") comes from the name of the exterminator
who discovered them.

I'm not clear if "Crazy" is part of the preferred common name or not.  "Crazy"
would seem to refer to their erratic behavior.

Why the change to "Tawny Crazy"?  I've no idea.

Here's another link helpful link:
http://urbanentomology.tamu.edu/ants/rasberry.html