I got rid of bedbugs with diatomaceous earth.  I'm not sure how far it can
be tracked.  i.e., suppose an ant tracks through diatomaceous earth and
then goes into a cave.  How much does the ant bring along and leave in the
cave for other insects to cross over?

IT is natural and I like it for that fact, but unlike a pesticide that is
designed to degrade over time, diatoms can stay in tact for millions of
years.  Their physical, not chemical, properties make them effective.

I don't think Louise was suggesting they be used in or around a cave, but I
thought it was probably a worthy subject to touch on.  I simply don't know
what would happen and I'm curious.