I visited Mallory and family this afternoon, and it is a relief to report that
she has begun the long and hard road back. She is no longer comatose and can
and does move a lot now - a good sign that she is regaining muscle control. Mal
has some awareness of her surroundings (including the people around her), and
less happily of her own discomfort. She clearly knows that something is wrong,
and she is really pissed about it. Mal is literally trying to push and kick
away her problems, which will certainly help her get back muscle tone.

I got to meet Mal's Dad, Steve, today. I was lucky to see him before he had to
along with other young friends or relations.

Roger