Well, with the Holidays and the failed Mayan Apocalypse behind us, what better
way to kick off 2013 than a Longhorn Caverns Project weekend?!

We will meet at the parking lot up from the Visitor Center at around 9:30
Saturday, February 2nd. If you can help out Friday night, please let me know.

The TPWD has graciously followed through and approved funds and is assigning
work crews to begin some long overdue trail improvements to quite a few areas
throughout the cave.

Other funds for several other projects in the cave are to follow.

In the meantime, we will be trying to stay out of the way and work on a few
other projects, both in the cave and above the cave.

One of these we will have to perform after hours on Saturday night (after going
into town to dine at the Bluebonnet Café!) and, if there's enough interest, I'd
like to do this on Friday night, as well.

As a reward for helping out with this, the park is offering:

·       Free camping Friday and Saturday nights

·       Free use of The Basement for wild cave tours (the Crownover back
entrance is still off limits).

·       A Free Vanishing Texas Bald Eagle Boat Cruise Sunday on beautiful Lake
LBJ to observe bald eagles!

If you have hand tools (shovels, hand saws, limb loppers, chainsaws,
wheelbarrows), please feel free to bring them.

Hope to see the old hands back at the project this month, as well as any new
faces interested in helping out.

This is a truly fun and enjoyable project and we try hard to keep it that way
and we guarantee a great weekend!

If you have any kids interested in getting into caving, volunteer service,
camping, and just hanging out with some cool folks, bring 'em along!

Come out to a spectacular and historic cave and park, friendly park staff, and
the always entertaining camaraderie of cavers!

Hope to see you next month!

Thanks!

Mark