Please excuse my recent "rant" concerning TPWD cave closures due WNS. I
apologize if my rant offended anyone.

For the record; I think we should do everything we can do to preserve bat
populations; because like Logan, I can't imagine Texas without bats.

I understand that most of the caves "closed" are caves that I do not care to
visit anyway. I am not a big fan of going into active bat caves.

But I am still opposed to reactionary cave closures; because I do not think it
makes any sense. What is to stop an infected bat from flying from one colony to
another? Are they going to close the bat caves to bats too? Is there scientific
proof that closure stops the spread of WNS?

Call me paranoid; but I am concerned that the limited "closure" will spread to
other caves on Public Land and that could be carried over to private land caves.

And if WNS is truely a threat to Texas bats; why is Punkin Cave still open?