From: Robert B
To: Texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 4:21 PM
Subject: [Texascavers] Opinions on Olympus Stylus Tough Camera

After recently damaging beyond repair 2 digital cameras, I have been
thinking of getting an Olympus Stylus Tough 8010.

Would anybody care to share their opinions on this camera, or any of the
Olympus Tough models.

The price is noticeably higher for these durable shockproof waterproof
models over the point and shoot models. Is this feature just sales BS, do
they really hold up to abuse and is it worth the extra $$?

Shockproof waterproof are one thing, but how about mud proof. Should I be
concerned that mud may over time compromise the 'O' ring seals?

Does the camera take decent photos? How about cave photos and flash? I know
it's not an SLR, but I'm hoping that picture quality is not too compromised
for durability.

Thanks, Rob