Erin dropped hers from 2 feet, onto the wood floor and the screen cracked.

Not so tough.

On Sep 1, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Robert B wrote:

After recently damaging beyond repair 2 digital cameras, I have been thinking of getting an Olympus Stylus Tough 8010.

Would anybody care to share their opinions on this camera, or any of the Olympus Tough models.

The price is noticeably higher for these durable shockproof waterproof models over the point and shoot models. Is this feature just sales BS, do they really hold up to abuse and is it worth the extra $$?

Shockproof waterproof are one thing, but how about mud proof. Should I be concerned that mud may over time compromise the 'O' ring seals?

Does the camera take decent photos? How about cave photos and flash? I know it's not an SLR, but I'm hoping that picture quality is not too compromised for durability.

Thanks, Rob