From: cavera...@aol.com [mailto:cavera...@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:12 AM
To: jcra...@edwardsaquifer.org; zachattackoo...@yahoo.com;
Texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: [Texascavers] snakes?

I visited the old Rice Grotto twice ca. 1968-1972 when I was still living in
Florida, thanks to visits to an uncle in Houston.  I managed to go on once
caving trip with them to the hill country. A rattler was encountered on the
surface some where, and promptly dispatched.  (No, I don't remember the kind of
weapon used.)  But I do remember being the subject of good-natured ridicule
when I protested, saying that the snake wasn't bothering any body.  I was told
something to the effect of "Leave a rattlesnake alive?  We never heard of such
a crazy idea, boy."
Roger Moore
GHG
-----