It's a list serve.  Luckily, most/all of the people on it are good
cavers.  When its on topic, its great.  News about accidents, trips,
cave specific environmental issues etc.  When it's off top (about a
third of the time) it's pretty horrible.  If you view it as
entertainment it works out. Cavers in general are relatively smart and
will play devils advocate just for the hell (fun) of it.

If the frequency of the emails bothers you (or at least the frequency
of the off topic stuff) I would grab a free email--- Gmail or Yahoo
work well--- and subscribe with it.  Check it on a weekly basis for
the contact that you want to see.  As for getting on good trips in
Texas and Mexico this is one of the best places.

"yall r kids"....there are plenty of lurkers that pipe up when it's
topical.  If you want to learn, I would suggest getting in contact
with your local grotto. Where you located?

--
George-Paul Richmann
(513) 490-3100