Charles,

I really don't understand your sensitivity about this topic. Computers and
their operating systems are used extensively and directly in a variety of
caving related activities now. They certainly are not just incidentally related
as "everything we touch". Why would you consider this to be "off-topic" when
you expressed no such complaints about recent postings on rainwater storage
tanks or "Facebook Lite vs. regular Facebook" or about many past topics with
little or no direct relevance to caving?

Your criteria for proclaiming topics to be "off-topic" for Texascavers appear
to involve something other than just relevance to caving. Does it have
something to do with fear of controversy? I'd appreciate it if you could
explain what your real concerns actually are. If I understood what was really
on your mind, perhaps I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Please notice that this message, like your last message to me, is not being
copied to Texascavers.

Rod