I'd stay away from touch screen cameras for caving.  I have the Olympus
waterproof/shockproof camera, and I use it muddy conditions.  It works
great.  I think a touch screen would be scratched up pretty quickly so
having buttons is preferable.  Of course, I like to push my equipment to the
limits.

Andy