Hi!

I use the Pentax Optio too (but the W30). I think it's very good for in-cave use, it's waterproof and relatively rugged (I use a neoprene sleeve too) and compact enough that often I just leave it hanging from my neck (tucked in the suit), ready to snap then next picture. And it doesn't have a moving lens cover or lens, which tend to have a gritty death in caves.

At the International Congress in Kerrville, Bill Frantz talked about the "Always Ready" photography kit, which is pretty much this setup, but adding a flash and Firefly in a small clear Pelican box.

The Pentax Optio is nice for caving, but I think that Canon has better picture quality. The PowerShot D10 would be great, but it's bulkier, so it's not a comfortable camera for leaving around your neck.

     - Fofo