With all of the recent discussion of online privacy, I thought I would pass this along to interested parties. I am not on Facebook, but I know many of you are. This notice was posted on another list recently (Dec. 14):

If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all your friends ASAP

Mark Minton

You may reply to mmin...@caver.net
Permanent email address is mmin...@illinoisalumni.org