Agreed Don, modern smart phones are not just phones anymore, they are
amongst the smallest netbooks made.  My Iphone is much faster than my
first computer and has Gigs of storage, my first used tape drives.

In a pinch, I can vpn into my office with my iphone, remote a windows
or unix workstation, ssh into a terminal on a router, switch, firewall
or a unix server.  I carry hundreds of books around with me for
entertainment, have a few movies and quite a few songs.  I love the
ability that my library goes with me, if I'm sitting in a waiting room
at a garage, doctors office, or just have 10 mins to kill while
waiting on something/someone, I have my books with me.

Too many times in the past I was caught somewhere and didn't have my
current book with me.

I rarely talk on my phone, its used more as a computer :)

Charles