HEY!

I still have and use that ladder without incident.  Rickety must have been
user error!  And I'd never have loaned it out for such questionable
endeavors!

From: Gary McDaniel [mailto:scar...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:52 AM
To: SS
Cc: Cavers Texas
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Climbing Cave Entrances

      Back in '93 or '94 a close friend (I'll not name him here) and  I
"cleaned"  the Cub overhang (with the assistance of Joe and Linda's
extraordinarily rickety  30ft extension ladder) of all those ugly 'biners
and 'draws and and used the leavings to subsidize my early caving career. I
certainly don't mean to suggest any other young caver undertake the same
endeavor.  T'would be a shame for a few climbers to lose some gear as to
allow a young caver to save a few extra dollars for powdered potato fueled
south'rn Mexican expeditions.....    A sin I tell 'ya!

      -Gary MacDaniels

        Da Junk, Coloraddy