Ernie's right; most of the ICS attendees were not aware of the backstage
dramas that occurred at the ICS.  The organizers and volunteers can
rightfully be proud of that.

It would be interesting if a book were written about the real story of the
ICS:  the years of dedication and effort, self sacrifice and
behind-the-scenes drama, financial fortunes waxing and waning, and the courage
and
vision of a few that drove the collective effort to its climactic  conclusion.
Almost like a sequel to the Huautla book.....  and the  made-for-TV version
could star the movie actors from the Center of the Caving  Universe.   ;>)

Jerry.

In a message dated 8/1/2009 12:42:52 P.M. Central Standard Time,