From: Minton, Mark [mailto:mmin...@nmhu.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:53 PM
To: mark.al...@l-3com.com; nmcaver; txcaver
Cc: Lyndon Tiu
Subject: [Texascavers] RE: Texas Considering Closing Caves for WNS

Mark, et al.,

>Further info is available at the TSA homepage:
http://www.cavetexas.org/information/white_nose_syndrome.html

      The link on that page for the USFWS Disinfection Protocol is out
of date.  It has procedures from March.  The supposedly final June
versions are here:  <http://www.fws.gov/northeast/wnscavers.html>.  Note
that in several places these new documents state that quaternary
ammonium compounds with a concentration of >3% should be used.
According to people I have spoken with, that is incorrect.  It should
state 0.3%.  This is actually what the second USFWS document says in the
table on page 5, in contradiction to what it says on pages 2 and 3 of
the same document.  This is very unfortunate.  It is actually difficult
to find these compounds in concentrations as high as 3%.

Mark Minton