We would need to do some testing in a good geotech lab as the properties
are different for materials that are wet verses dry, lithofied verse
unlithofied, compacted, or altered by weathering or leaching,
susceptible to liquefaction from vibration, etc.  The laboratory work
would need to be done and then compared to field measurements in a
number of caves.  What we may find is that some guano slopes may be at
the angle of failure and would need to be shot with some sort of carbide
driven crapalanche cannon before it would be safe to walk under.

I think the deadline for submittal of abstracts for the ICS has passed
but this would make an excellent paper and I'm sure would be a well
attended talk.

Also, I think that a crapalanche is a subset of craptastrophe as you
could have a craptastrophe in a feed lot, sewer lift station, or waste
water treatment plant and not involve the mass movement of guano.  For
example, having a pipe break at a sewer plant resulting in raw sewage
flowing down the street and into my front door would be a craptastrophe
but not a crapalanche.

Interesting discussion.