In Texas, it has been pretty rare to obtain any sizable snows on steep
slopes with any sizeable population present to create a situation where
there might be a mass movement of snow which would be defined as an
avalanche.  Colorado and Wyoming are different stories as there are
serious safety issues with avalanches each year.

There are a number of areas where there is sufficient cliffs for rock
falls in Texas.  One of the better examples is at Big Bend National Park
where you can see the fresh rock face from the rock fall that occurred
on the cliff near Dog Canyon, north of the park headquarters.  However,
Yosemite is probably better known for having large pieces of rock break
off and fall and occasionally squash people.

If you have sufficient amounts of soil, trees, rock, and water, you may
have a land slide.  I would assume that there have been a number of
landslides or slope failures on steep slopes in west Texas and this
might be an issue.  I would assume that it is a fairly unusual
geohazard.  However, California is famous for their landslides and mud
slides.

However, there is one geological hazards which I believe is most
probably in Texas (with the exception of the US Capitol steps).  During
the last mapping trip in Punkin Cave, we were in some vents that
contained a fair amount of bat guano at an angle which could results in
mass movement of the material.  Actually, the material probably reached
the lower levels of the cave by slumping as there were no active or old
bat roosts directly above the material.  Our group was having a
philosophical discussion on this issue.  So, if you had a mountain of
guano fall on you, would it be a crapalanche?